Whenever we go to the rodeo, the fair, the boardwalk – my kids want funnel cakes.
Fluffy, crispy, chewy, sweet, powdered sugar dusted fried swirls of awesomeness.
I had no clue that funnel cakes were so simple to make, or so much fun to make… let’s just say that now that I know, there will be lots of funnel cakes in the Matthews house from here on out.
Seriously, y’all – SO EASY!
A few ingredients you already have in your fridge and pantry – a squeeze bottle – a skillet – some oil – and you’ve got hot, fresh, sweet, homemade funnel cakes in minutes!
The trick to the funnel cakes, that I found, is a squeeze bottle with the nozzle trimmed a lot to allow easy flow of the batter into the hot oil
I swear, y’all – this is one of those recipes that is so stupid simple, so delicious, so much fun, it will become an immediate family favorite. You can enjoy your favorite rodeo treat year round!
You’re welcome! 🙂
Easy Funnel Cake Recipe
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil to 370° F
- In a mixing bowl; combine, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl; combine flour, salt, baking, soda, and sugars. Gradually add to the wet mixture while mixing until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into your squeeze bottle (I fill mine twice)
- Once the oil is hot - drizzle your batter into the hot oil in whatever pattern you choose.
- Cook about 3 minutes and then flip (you want the funnel cake to be golden brown on both sides)
- Once the funnel cake is cooked, remove it from the oil and place it on some paper towels or brown paper grocery bags to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
You can also dust with cinnamon and granulated sugar for a more churro style funnel cake.
Serve topped with whipped cream and berries
The options are only as limited as your imagination
You can watch a quick video of the funnel cake process below:
Nathan and I are SO excited to see Luke Bryan this coming Sunday at the Houston Rodeo (where we will be eating some funnel cake, some turkey legs, and probably several other incredibly delicious, and crazy things)
I have received compensation for this partnership from NRG and Reliant.
I’ve been using my NRG Portable Power Pack and loving it! If you’re at the rodeo and your phone battery runs low, look for an NRG Portable Power kiosk and rent a Power Pack for $3.99/week. Power Packs can be returned to any NRG Portable Power kiosk!!!!
Can’t wait to share photos from the concert, and that power pack is definitely going to help me keep my phone powered through the whole concert and rodeo fun!