I’m sure you’ve heard of eggs in a basket, aka eggs in a hole… but have you heard of Avocado Eggs in a Basket? If you haven’t, you can thank the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this recipe, because I can’t wait to tell you all about them! These are keto friendly, which makes me so happy!
If you haven’t yet discovered the simple, delicious joy that is baking eggs in avocados, pick up the rock you’ve been living under, or switch from dial up…. whatever. 🙂 With Avocado Eggs in a Basket, you can have an incredibly easy and delicious protein filled breakfast that will make the mornings brighter, easier, and yummier.
Keto Friendly Baked Avocado Eggs in a Basket
Y’all know how much I love heating up avocados, … avocados take on an enhanced smoky flavor, and a creamier, buttery texture when they’re heated up, and it’s worth the wait, y’all. Seriously, y’all, if you haven’t heated up your avocados, what are you waiting for?
Baking an avocado with a bit of hot sauce and egg… oh. my. word.
This is such an easy dish to make, and requires just a few ingredients that you already have: your favorite hot sauce, eggs, avocados, salt and pepper. You can add bacon and tortillas, if that’s how you roll.
and I do hope that’s how you roll because it’s basically one of the best breakfasts ever.
Bacon and Egg Baked Avocados – keto friendly
If you like your yolks a little runnier, you’ll cook them a couple minutes less, if you don’t like your yolk intact, you can whisk the eggs before pouring them into the avocado basket.
Keto Friendly Avocado Eggs in a Basket
- 4 Medium to Large Ripe California Avocados
- 8 Medium or Large Eggs - try to use medium eggs with medium avocados and large eggs with large avocados
- favorite hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the seed. Scoop out enough flesh so that you have room for the egg - save the flesh and freeze it, spread it on toast, or make some guacamole
- turn the avocado halves over and slice a bit of the avocado skin off to make a flat surface for your avocado baskets to sit on
- place a few drops of your favorite hot sauce into the avocado basket
- put the egg yolk and white into the avocado basket
- top with salt and pepper
- place the avocado eggs in a basket into a baking dish and bake for around 15 minutes (less, if you like runnier yolks)
- Top with more salt and pepper, hot sauce, cooked bacon etc... devour!
Disclosure: This recipe was created and inspired by my partnership with the California Avocado Commission. I’m excited to be partnering with California Avocados for the 4th year in a row to share recipes and tips inspired by delicious California Avocados. For more great recipes visit theCalifornia Avocado Commission website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.