Pollo Rosa Maria
I teased y’all yesterday with this picture and with the promise of something yummy to come so here it is.
This is the recipe that I made for Nathan’s Birthday dinner and y’all, it is amazing. The flavor profile is subtle, savory, light and fabulous. Lemon, White Wine, Garlic, Onions and Fresh Basil. YUM!
This is not one of my own recipes, this is one of Carrabba’s Italian Grill’s recipes and as a treat for all of my Blissfully Delish readers (and y’all too!), Carrabba’s is offering a $50 gift card to enjoy their very special Valentine’s and Pre-Valentine’s Day celebration. You can go here to learn more and to enter. This contest is over and the winner announced on Blissfully Delish.
Carrabba’s Pollo Rosa Maria
* 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and butterflied
* 2 slices prosciutto ham
* 2 slices Fontina cheese ( I couldn’t find Fontina so I used Mozzarella)
* 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
* 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
* 6 mushrooms, sliced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh garlic chopped ( i ran out of fresh garlic and used minced in a jar, thus the chunky sauce)
* 1/2 cup white wine (remember, don’t use wine you wouldn’t drink)
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* White pepper to taste
* Kosher salt to taste
1. Cover one-half of each breast section with one slice of prosciutto ham, one slice of Fontina cheese. Fold chicken breast half flap over the dressed chicken breast half; season with grill seasoning.Grill and baste until cooked.
2. In a sauté pan place 1 Tbsp. butter, sauté mushrooms and onions and garlic until softened. Add white wine and lemon juice; simmer approximately 10 minutes on medium-low heat to reduce.
3. A little at a time, add remaining 3 Tbsp. butter until butter melts and mixture emulsifies, add basil. Place lemon butter mushroom basil sauce on top of the Rosa. Serve with pasta (I recommend Barilla Pasta Plus, in the yellow box. Thin spaghetti)
If you’re participating in Mouthwatering Mondays be sure to grab your button and link back here. If you don’t link back here, then I’ll delete your link on Mr. Linky, fair is fair. Remember, link directly to your mouthwatering monday permalink, NOT your general blog URL!!! Take the time and visit the other participants and share the foodie love!
Thanks for participating y’all!
Check back in at Noon, I have a really cool giveaway going on with 3 of my favorite ladies!
Oh very, very nice. Looks fabulous and the basil the perfect touch.
Noble Pig’s latest brilianceSpreading the Love
That dish looks yummy! Saving it to try this weekend!
Is it normal for my mouth to water this early in the morning??
Stephanie’s latest brilianceLucky Winners!
Found you though OHmommy.
I love Carrabba’s…and that dish sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing!
I’m pretty sure that’s one of the dishes Johnny Carrabba made at a fundraiser event DB and I went to last spring. I heart Carrabba’s!
Malia’s latest brilianceThe Great Laptop Bag Hunt of ‘09
Oh that looks delish!!!
georgie’s latest brilianceMish Mash Monday
Ok. Now I want that for breakfast.
I’m here from Marinka’s blog…glad to have found you!!
Deb’s latest brilianceThings I have learned from Jessica
Oh, that looks SO wonderful! I haven’t been to Carabba’s in years. Thanks for the reminder!
Amy @ Milk Breath & Margaritas’s latest brilianceWhat Was I Saying?
Oh great! Now I gotta go raid my fridge! I can’t wait to try this recipe, it looks so good!
That looks divine! I will have to try it. I have never been to Carrabos before so it will be a new experience.
simply anonymom’s latest brilianceSenility is setting in early.
i love your blog! this recipe looks yummy!
Cindy Ballard’s latest brilianceNo Windshield
That looks really good. I’ve only eaten at Carabba’s once and it was great. It’s a good place to go if you have kids too. Very kid friendly.
shannanb aka Mommy Bits’s latest brilianceMouthwatering Monday – Veggie Quesadillas
I have a bad habit of visiting MM during the workday. When I have no access to a supermarket, much less a kitchen. Bummed.
BusyDad’s latest brilianceThis is as close as we’re going to get…
ah, this looks delicious!
Andi – udandi’s latest brilianceMake It: Playing-Card Valentines!
BTW, very smart of you ladies to get together for a giveaway. Good way to blog hop.
tattooedminivanmom’s latest brilianceMeme? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I LOVE Carrabba’s! We don’t have any near us anymore, but we loved just about everything on their menu. Thanks for posting this. Sounds de-lish.
Momisodes’s latest brilianceHow Much Woodchuck Would a Human Chuck if a Woodchuck Would Chuck Wood Sooner?
Tiaras & Tantrums’s latest brilianceWeekLY WiNNers
Wow, this is what makes me wish I could cook!
I like winning and I like chicken… so here I am.
lawton’s latest brilianceAmerican Apparel Home Birth
I also made this one last week, and yes it was YUMMY and will now be added into our list of what the entire family will eat!
I also used Mozzarella since I already had some in my fridge. This just happens to be my favorite dish at Carrabba’s so I was very pleased to find this.