Also known around here as First Day at a New School Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
We have been in the new house in Katy for exactly ONE WEEK today!!
One whirlwind week of family, unpacking, friends, school supply shopping and trying to get the house organized to the point where we can live it, and the kids can feel at home.
The neighbors are amazingly wonderful people and there are oodles of kids for Princess and Monkey to play with, and the fact that I can open the front door and let them play without fear of a car whizzing down our street and plowing them down… y’all just don’t know the peace that brings my heart.
My littles started their new school on Monday
While there was definite excitement about the new school!! and new friends!! Monkey actually cried when we reached his classroom.
I think it was a combination of excitement, and anticipation and then seeing 20 heads all swivel towards him, and 20 pair of unknown eyes focus on him… it overwhelmed his sweet little heart. I hugged him, whispered a prayer in his ear, and promised him a treat when he got home. He immediately perked up and asked for chocolate cookies.
Well y’all who am I to refuse a child Chocolate cookies on their first day at a new school???
I got home and immediately forgot where everything was in the new kitchen.
Y’all think I’m kidding? I’m not.
I grabbed my recipe card from college for The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies and set out all the ingredients.
The main ingredient, of course being, oodles and oodles of chocolate chips
and not just any chocolate chips. DARK chocolate, because that’s how we roll here in the Matthews house.
In addition to dark chocolate chips, I think the use of vanilla sugar and dark brown sugar really lend a wonderful depth to these cookies.
Judging by the chocolate rings around the kids’ mouths when they got home, they agreed.
The kids both love the new school and their first two days were a great success.
I’m really excited to share these Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies with y’all today, because they’re the very first thing baked in the new house!
I hope y’all enjoy!
The Ultimate Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips divided 2 C and 2 1/2 C
- 2 2/3 C all purpose unbleached flour unbleached is my preference
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 C packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 C vanilla sugar regular white granulated sugar, if you don't have vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl, mix together: flour, baking soda & salt - set aside
- Melt 2 C chocolate chips in a small saucepan over lowest heat, stirring frequently until just melted - remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together: butter, brown sugar, vanilla sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mix well after each addition.
- Add in the melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture, 1 C at a time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining 2 1/2 C chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then fully cool on a wire cooling rack.