I am back on Top Momma! Thanks Unpink who alerted me!! Wow. How’d that happen? Please go to Top Momma and click on princess’ face and show me some love!! Thanks y’all
My Very First Thursday Thirteen! is the 123rd Thursday Thirteen!! I am just not cool enough to figure out how to create links to graphics so no pretty header link here.
Thirteen Bizarre and Unusual laws on the books in Texas.
The italicized comments are my additions.
1. Abilene: It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
So, keep moving if you want to flirt within the corporate limits of Abilene
2. Dallas: It’s illegal to possess realistic dildos.Just exactly how does this law get enforced? “Ma’am, I need to check your goody drawers please.”
3. Houston: Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. Them Houstonians have some interesting clocks.
4. Corpus Christi: it is illegal to raise alligators in your home. But crocodiles are fine.
5. Kingsville: There is a law against two pigs having sex on the city’s airport property.So no pork can pork at the airport? Got it.
6. It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.You must move either down one floor or up one floor.
7. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
8. It is illegal to spit on the sidewalk.I could totally support this law!
9. It is legal for a husband to beat his wife as long as he uses something no bigger than his thumb. Thus, the Rule of Thumb
10. It is unlawful for a person to consume an alcoholic beverage while operating a motor vehicle upon a public roadway, if the person is observed doing so by a peace officer.So the lesson here? Don’t let them see you?.
11. Port Arthur: Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.And yet another law I can support.
12. San Antonio: It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.But any other part of the body, go right ahead.
13. You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.There are a bunch of legally married 5 year olds running around this state then.
God Bless Texas!
To find some silly laws in your state check out Dumb.com
View More Thursday Thirteeners Here
well you have to say those Texans are definitely creative….LOL! Loved em, thanks for sharing!
#2 — well, Google ads popped up an ad for custom-built dildos (modeled on someone you know), so I guess that company would be illegal.
#13 — Your reply just cracked me up
I'll make sure and tell my DH not to shoot any buffalo from our hotel room window.
And I am moving to Port Arthur just for #1!
welcome to the club.
So Alien dildos are ok?
Congratulations on the first TT 🙂
The laws are so funny! How did they come up with those anyway?! Amazing. LOL.
Again I say, only in Texas yall! Welcome to T13.
Very interesting– I could get behind the spitting one for sure!!
Did you know that in my state it’s legal for policeman may bite a dog to quiet him?? 😉
Crap on a stick this was good 🙂 I may be borrowing this in the near future.
I am so glad that I don’t live in Texas because then my son Gregory who is 5 would be married to Devyn!(his now declared wife according to texas law) I know for a fact that they have said they were married already 6 times!!
This is fantastic! No realistic dildos??? If I had time to burn I’d have to find out WHY ON EARTH that became a law. There must be a really good story behind that one.
LOL! Some seem reasonable while others seem so bizzare you have to wonder if they were drinking when they wrote them!
And I thought laws about driving with shoes on were stupid…. Unbelievable!
Welcome to TT-land!
My TT is up – A little kindness
Welcome to Thursday Thirteen, and now what will I do with my pig at the airport???
this is hysterical! I’m relieved to know I’m not wandering around my own state of TX breaking any laws. love the no shooting buffalo from 2nd story….
Those are GREAT! I will have to check out some laws in my neck of the woods!
Too funny! Wonder what the laws are for Indiana…
LOL! Thanks for the warm welcomes to the TT family y’all!
Sheila ~ of course they were drinking! This is Texas!! 😉
Thanks for coming all you first timers! I hope y’all come back again for more fun and frivolity!
Sparky~ LMAO!! apparently!
Rian~ The real question… why do you have a pig at the airport? LOL!!
Hehehe…. in Arizona, you are only allowed to have two dildos per household. Of course, its also against the law to have more than six women living in the same house, so you can see how its all tied together! 😉
So SM ~ do they have to share? EWWWWWWWWWW… LOL!!
ROFL @ #2, #5 and #11
I agree about the 5 year olds being married!! What a hoot!!
ROFLMAO- this is one of the funniest TT’s I have read all day, maybe I will do one for my own state some time. This was great! Thanks for sharing. I am up too!
hilarious. i’m going to have to check out michigan laws. maybe, i’ll have to start doing thursday thirteen…give in to the peer pressure of all of my fave fellow bloggers! not sure about the haiku friday, though. not exactly a poet, but, at least know it…snort…get it? at least i know it…it rhymed…my god…i crack myself up…
Thanks for some good laughs. I LOVE that picture of your daughter. Just discovered your blog and really like it!
I had to look at your list because I currently reside in Dallas. I will definitely keep # 2 in mind. It seems that Texas also has a thing about flirting. As the signs state on the freeway…”Don’t Mess With Texas”.m Happy TT.
Very funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Check out my blog. I was encouraged to write a difficult post, and I want to encourage you also (you’ve been tagged). Please don’t hate me, I think you would have something valuable to offer to this “conversation”. I promise all future tags will be of the fun variety!
What is amazing is that legislators presumably sat down, debated and then passed those laws. What were they thinking?
Good job on your first!!
I’m glad you found me, too!!
😀 😀 😀
Where did you find these… this is hilarious.
Those are funny! I’m a Texan and have never heard of those!
Wow, there’s a lot of craziness happening or maybe not happening in TX. Man, who came up with these?
#2 … seriously? Imagine the person typing that one.
Loved the list!
Well, welcome to the TT! Great list, I must say, I was distracted by the yummies below!
I don’t know how you got back on top momma…but I am glad you did! Clicky clicky!!!!
The Egel Nest
Dang! I just milked my neighbor’s cow yesterday!!!
And wait — we can’t mash potatoes in Abilene?! I best not pack my masher for the next trip! 🙂
I love your blog — another Tx mom — yay for us!
So glad to see you back on Top Momma!
I’m clickin’ for ya!!
Those are some of the funniest laws I’ve ever heard. LOL! Thanks for sharing. I love ’em!
How funny! Thanks for sharing.
Oddly enough, many of those laws look just like the very same ones in other parts of the world where women are being oppressed. God bless America, huh?