My True Texas Favorites from H-E-B: Top 10 Style
Hey y’all! Sending a big Texas shout-out to today’s sponsor, H-E-B . I’ll be sharing my Top 10 favorite Texas items from H-E-B, and sharing how you can now shop ONLINE and have H-E-B’s delicious Texas favorites delivered right to your front door!
As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been giddy about mail deliveries. I vividly remember racing my brothers to the mailbox to see what magical treasures awaited us, and it didn’t matter if they were addressed to us or not. Now imagine being a child, and having a delivery get dropped off on your front porch! The excitement was almost overwhelming! It was like Christmas every time!!!! Even now, many years later; the anticipation, the knock on the door, the thrill of delivery makes me all giddy.
H-E-B has recently announced that they’re offering online shopping options, and they asked me to choose, and share with y’all my Top 10 Texas favorites. Y’all know it took me a split second to say Yes, right?
I hopped online and started browsing the options, and kept on browsing… you can shop by Texas Favorites (which I did)
or you can break it down by Games, Appliances, Household Essentials, Sports & Outdoors and MORE
Since the Super Bowl was coming up, I immediately went for the Whataburger Spicy Ketchup and Whataburger Mustard, because they are about as Texas as you can get, and that spicy ketchup is my spirit animal. I eat it on burgers, with french fries, sweet potato fries, hashbrowns, eggs, and more. The idea of having it delivered straight to my front door… yes, please. I love the Whataburger mustard just like every other Texan, and since mustard is the only condiment that exists according to Princess, it was a no brainer that the Whataburger Mustard was going in the cart.
True story: Princess’ first burger was a Justaburger which is the Whataburger Kids Meal Burger – which is mustard and pickles only. 9 years later – she still eats burgers with mustard and pickles only. TEXAS y’all.
If you’re a native Texan (hello generation SEVEN here), a ‘got here as fast as I could’ Texan, or you want to ship a taste of Texas to someone you’re trying to lure to Texas… let me help you out.
10. Salt Lick Original Dry Rub – The Salt Lick is a Texas Staple, and a trip to The Salt Lick is worth the trip to Texas. You can use this rub on anything from chicken, pork, ribs, brisket, salmon.. whatever. You can’t go wrong.
9. Have you ever walked the streets of San Antonio, or been to a Buc-cees and been enchanted by the aroma of roasted nuts, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and something you can’t describe, but makes your mouth water? If you haven’t… where’ve you been? For the rest of y’all, H-E-B online has your back! You can now order that mouthwatering deliciousness online! H-E-B Spirit of San Antonio Nuts
8. This Charred Peach Bourbon sauce is so good that I want to drink it straight from the bottle, but I’m not a couthless urchin, so I dump it over cream cheese and serve it with crackers. Seriously, y’all. Order this today! Get yours NOW! You can use it as a marinade, or pour it over BlueBell Homemade Vanilla (TEXAS!), but I have no patience for that. Cream Cheese. Plate. Pour over cream cheese. Eat with crackers. BOOM.
7. One of the ultimate Texas must haves is the Texas Shaped Cutting Board. Show your love, add some pizazz to your display, or send someone a little Texas style!
I use mine for cheese and fruit trays, serving up deli fresh cold-cuts, and I keep it in my kitchen because it’s so stinkin’ cute!
6. Houston Texans + Tervis = WIN! Keep your favorite beverage cold and condensation free, while showing your love for our Texas boys <3 Or send one to a friend who isn’t a #TrueTexan because that’s just the kind of friend you are 🙂 respect
5. Whataburger Spicy Ketchup, Mustard, Honey Butter, Jalapeno Ranch, and that Creamy Pepper Sauce. I buy the Creamy Pepper Sauce just to dip my chicken and Texas Toast in it. Don’t judge me, if you haven’t tried it. It’s that good, y’all
I feel compelled to say again… you can buy Whataburger sauces, ketchups, and mustard online and have it delivered to your home. Dude. Life is good.
4. Cookwell & Company make some finger lickin’, plate cleaning, last bite soppin’ good sauces. I made some ribs with their Better than Good BBQ Sauce, added my chipotle sweet potato fries with Spicy Ketchup and Shiner for a SuperBowl plate of win, and I won. I had to slap wrists to keep them from stealing my meal.
3. I’m about to say something that’s akin to blasphemy down here in Texas. NO, I’m not putting beans in my Chili, but I’m going to suggest a pre-made Chili mix. Cookwell & Company makes a Two Step Chili (I like the spicy) that is hands down one of the best Chilis that I’ve ever had. I’ve been in chili cook-offs, I’ve competed in chili cookoffs, I’m a 7th generation Texan, I’m a rodeo girl. I stand by this. But I also stand by this chili in a jar (never thought I’d say that) If you want a taste of Texas, a delicious chili, a mouth-watering, frito pie worthy, rodeo quality chili, without hours of slicing, dicing, measuring, and stirring…. check out the Texas Chili in a jar. If you don’t tell, I won’t tell 🙂
2. Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Period. Full Stop.
1. Gift Cards! Seriously, y’all. You can get H-E-B delivered to your house. Do it today! If you’re looking for a gift for a friend, teacher, employee, baby shower gift etc… H-E-B offers gift cards that can be used online or in store. You can gift H-E-B home delivery to your favorite people. You’re welcome.
I have an 11th favorite, but it’s not available online.
One of my favorite things about H-E-B, is how they support local businesses. The next time you’re at your local H-E-B, ask someone to show you their local favorites. H-E-B is Texas proud and as a True Texan, that makes me so happy.
H-E-B supports Texas breweries, wineries, craftsmen, restaurants, entrepreneurs. The next time you see someone offering samples at your local H-E-B, stop and talk to them about their product, their passion. We’ve met some amazing brewers, foodies, salsa makers, hot sauce crafters, and more at our local H-E-B. H-E-B truly lives the #TrueTexan motto.
Nathan and I have so much fun checking out the adult beverage section to see which local breweries and wineries that H-E-B is featuring and supporting. Creating our own 6 packs, trying local wine and cheese pairings, and talking with the passionate crafters about pairings… so much fun! you can’t get it online, but it’s a great bonus to being a #TrueTexan
Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Southern Fairytale