Twice Baked Cheesy Sausage Cauliflower Mash
Thank you to Kiolbassa for sponsoring this recipe.
Comfort food, it’s something that feeds your body and your soul; it’s the food that
brings a flood of memories with it. For me, one of those foods is twice baked
sausage stuffed potatoes… however, we’re Keto, which means potatoes are a thing
of the past; or …. They were.
When Kiolbassa Smoked Meats reached out to me about partnering up for some
scrumptious holiday recipes featuring their sausage and bacon (those are coming up
and y’all are going to want to be here for those dishes of delish),… I decided that I
was GOING to make one of my favorite childhood recipes keto- friendly.
Spoiler alert…. I did it!
Cheesy Twice Baked Kiolbassa Stuffed Cauliflower Mash
Now… I’m going to let y’all in on a little secret…. Lean in…. I’m only 85% strict keto…
life means that I’m a bit lazy/dirty keto… but you do you, boo.
I used some frozen cauliflower mash that is as close to 100% keto as I could make it.
Kiolbassa’s Mesquite Smoked Sausage added an amazing crisp burst of flavor, a slight peppery smokiness, and takes this from being a side dish to the main course! WINNING!
Nathan has eaten my twice baked sausage stuffed potatoes for 20 years.…. He was
skeptical about this, but once he took one bite, he devoured ½ the dish in one sitting.
One of the many things that I love about Kiolbassa is that their sausage is already cooked, all I have to do is heat them thoroughly (add that to the frozen (heated) cauliflower mash) and this is an incredibly easy and delicious meal! Pair with some green beans or a salad and you’ve got protein, greens, and dairy. BOOM!
You can make the Kiolbassa on your stovetop, but I love making it on my grill… it
gives the skin an amazing crispness and I think it just adds that extra oomph that
takes it from ordinary to extraordinary!
Grilling Kiolbassa Mesquite Sausage
I can’t tell y’all how happy I am to have one of my childhood favorite meals back in
the rotation, especially with the cold weather heading our way. This is one of those
meals that warms my heart and body and is perfect eating sitting in front of a cozy
fire with my family watching a movie.
Twice Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
- 1 package Kiolbassa Mesquite Smoked Sausage cooked
- 4 12 oz frozen cauliflower mash – equals about 6 to 6 ½ cups cooked mashed
- 2 Tbsp Favorite Seasoning Salt: I use a Garlic Black Pepper,
- Himalayan pink sea salt
- 2 Cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Grill the Kiolbassa until the skin is crispy and starts to pop and sizzle, a few littleburst spots is perfectly okay. Remove from your grill and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Cook the cauliflower mash as instructed on the package (or make your own)
- While the mash is cooking, slice 6 of the Kiolbassa: Cut in half lengthwise and then slice into ¼ to ½” slices
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cooked cauliflower mash, seasoning, Kiolbassa, and 1 Cup of cheese. Mix to combine
- Spread in the baking dish… top with more cheese
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the dish is bubbling. You can broil on high for a few extra minutes to get the cheese nice and crispy.
- Serve this by itself, or with your favorite green veggie or salad.
HUGE Thank You to Kiolbassa for sponsoring this recipe and partnering with A Southern Fairytale
Can’t wait to try it!
It’s soo good! I’m about at the point of making it once a week! <3 we love it
Looks delicious!! will try this coming weekend.
YAY! can’t wait to hear your thoughts!