and a giveaway!
That’s right –
Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Nathan and I aren’t really sweets people, please try to contain your shock 🙂
We would much rather eat something savory or spicy (as I’m sure y’all have noticed, given the recipes that I post here).
There is however, one sweet combo that both Nathan and Monkey will never turn down – the combination of Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Whether it’s cookies, cakes, cupcakes, ice cream — if it’s peanut butter and chocolate, my boys are all over it.
When I saw the White Lily Flour Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie recipe in the goodie basket that I received, I knew it was the perfect recipe to test and share with y’all alongside today’s giveaway.
These cookies are super easy to make and delicious! They are rich and fluffy and definitely peanut buttery (is peanut buttery even a word?) without being overwhelmingly stick to the roof of the mouth peanut buttery and when they’re combined with the dark chocolate dip… oooh baby :-).
Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 1/4 C White Lily All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C Crisco Butter Flavor Shortening
- 1 C Creamy Peanut Butter I use all natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar I use dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla I use vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 C sour cream
- 2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp Crisco All Vegetable Shortening
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F
- Use a non stick baking sheet or coat a baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together: flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine: shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla - beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and half of the dry ingredients - blend well.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Roll into 2-inch balls (you can use a #2 cookie scoop for this, too) This was a lot of fun for the kids and me to do together
- Using a long tine fork (think dinner, not salad) flatten the cookies and add a criss cross pattern to the tops.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- In a medium saucepan start melting the dark chocolate chips - add in 1/2 Tbsp Crisco All Vegetable Shortening - you can add more to help with the silky smoothness of the chocolate for dipping.
Dip the cookies however you'd like, the kids and I just dipped then about halfway in, scraped the bottom of the cookie against the rim of the pot to remove some excess and then lay them on wax paper to cool completely
Now on to the giveaway – I teased y’all about it when I shared the Caramel Pecan Biscuit Bake Recipe and now it’s here. This is a truly delicious giveaway.
Not only will you get a basket with White Lily flour, recipes, a pastry cutter, measuring cup, White Lily bread towel and spatula
You will also get this Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 7-Speed Hand Mixer!
I can’t even tell y’all how much I love this mixer: from the digital display, to the awesome snap on storage case for all the goodies that come with it: beater’s, chef’s whisk, dough hook and even a spatula. I love, love, love this little baby – however I have to admit, my favorite part of it is the eject button. You know how with some mixers you push the eject button and the beaters just release and you pull them out?
Oh no.. not with this baby. The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus doesn’t mess around. It has a release trigger and when you pull the trigger – those babies SHOOT out. I may or may not have played with this feature for 5 minutes or so – what can I say? I’m easily entertained by kitchen gadgets.
Would you like to win this?
Mandatory Entry: What’s your favorite treat to make for (or with) your family?
Bonus Entry: Tweet this giveaway and leave your tweet url in the comments
Bonus Entry: Check out White Lily Flour’s Recipes and tell me which one you’d most like to try
That’s 3 entries per person! Good luck, y’all!
This giveaway is open from Friday January 20, 2012 to Sunday January 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM CST. Once the winner has been contacted, they will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen
This recipe and giveaway are part of a partnership with White Lily flour. I have received product compensation for my time and talents.
This Giveaway is now closed:
Congratulations to our winner: